NEW! Now accepting credit cards for phone orders
Call 800-882-3559 or 206-463-9572
Below are 20 suggestions for sources of funding for purchase of The Empathy Belly (that have been successfully utilized by professionals like yourself!)
FOR USE IN TEEN PREGNANCY PREVENTION:
- Dept. Budget of JR/SR High School (e.g. Voc. Educ., Home Ec., or Family Life Educ.).
- School District Budget via Health Curriculum Supervisor, or State Dept. of Education.
- Federal Grant: Funds specifically for Vocational Education or Teen Pregnancy Prevention, especially from THE CARL PERKINS FUND which has purchased many
Empathy Bellies for teachers throughout the U.S.!!!!! (Call your State's Directory of Vocational Education for qualification guidelines and funding application -- refer to "Section 240 of the Act").
- Grant from your State Department of Health Services, or from major private foundation.
- Fund-raising campaign by Local School PTA or School Organizations (e.g. S.A.D.D.) or by school students who want to wear "The Belly"! (e.g. Car Wash, Bake Sale, Fashion Show).
- Joint Purchase by 2-3 schools or Soc. Service Agencies ("split the cost & share a Belly").
- Donation by Community Benefactor ("Angel") such as a Parent, Church, Local Pediatrician or Obstetrician strongly concerned about the local Teen Pregnancy Problem.
- Special Political/Legislative Funds at County or State Level for Teen Pregnancy Prevention.
FOR USE IN TEEN PREGNANCY PREVENTION OR CHILDBIRTH EDUCATION:
- Contribution or Sponsorship from Private Business Sector, specifically companies known to be supportive to missions of teen pregnancy prevention or childbirth
education (e.g. Coca Cola, AT&T, Pharmaceutical Companies, etc.) for the value of resulting publicity and community goodwill.
- Local Chapter of March of Dimes (They are buying "The Belly" for many programs in the U.S.!)
- Community Women's Organizations (e.g. Junior League, Soroptimists, Rotary Club, etc.).
FOR USE IN CHILDBIRTH EDUCATION:
- Hospital Budget of Education Dept., Labor & Delivery Dept., Outreach Program for Teen Pregnancy Prevention, or if your hospital is affiliated with a Medical or Nursing School,
then purchase through their MCH Medical Education Budget.
- Hospital Public Relations/Marketing Budget Departments (for value of free hospital publicity that can be received from local; TV & newspapers).
- Fund-raising campaign by hospital's Medical Auxiliary or other Volunteer Group.
- Joint Purchase by 2-3 Independent Childbirth Educators ("split the cost & share a Belly").
- Obstetrician purchases for use by his/her office nurse or ASPO Lamaze educator.
- Ownership or Publicity = Increased Childbirth Class Enrollments = Increased Income.
- Hospital Funds from sale of OB - Newborn photographs.