The Empathy Belly has proven to be a unique and highly effective teaching tool…
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention and Life Skills Education:
When used among adolescents to realistically convey the negative consequences of teenage pregnancy, it
serves as a powerful, action-oriented prevention tool to help reduce our teen pregnancy epidemic of "children having children"!
- Childbirth Education and Prenatal Care/Counseling:
Use of The Empathy Belly among expectant fathers invariably increases their understanding,
appreciation and support towards their pregnant partner.
- Medical Training:
Third type of usage for The Empathy Belly is the hands-on training of nurses, physicians and allied health professionals including
psychologists and therapists, particularly those who will be practicing in the obstetric fields, or working with client/patients involved in childbearing, teenage pregnancy or domestic violence.
- Domestic Violence Prevention:
The Empathy Belly has also demonstrated itself as an effective tool in programs aimed at the prevention of domestic
violence, including anger management classes for men identified as being at high risk for battering, and rehabilitation efforts with sex offenders and high risk youth in juvenile detention facilities.
- College and University Education:
Highly effective (on males and female students) in courses such as Human Sexuality and Relationships, Women's Studies,
Psychology and Sociology, Anatomy and Biology.
- Theatrical Training and Television/Films & Movies:
Used by Actresses (such as Nicole Kidman) to train for film roles as a pregnant woman, and
featured in numerous TV shows. "The Empathy Belly" Pregnancy Simulator is the one you've come to know over the years, the one you've read about in hundreds of newspaper and magazine articles, the one you've seen
on Donahue, Oprah Winfrey, Regis and Kathy Lee, ABC National New, CNN World News, BBC, PBS…over 70 TV shows worldwide!
The Empathy Belly has proven to be a fascinating exhibit and interactive display in museums throughout the United States, such as
- The National Museum of Health and Medicine in Washington, D.C.
- Oregon Museum of Science and Industry in Oregon
- The Museum of Science and Technology in Dallas
- The Cleveland Health Education Museum in Ohio
- The Liberty Science Center in New Jersey
- The Museum of History and Industry in Seattle
- The Cumberland Science Museum in Nashville
and in museums throughout the world, such as
- Thackray Medical Museum in England
- The St. Mungo Museum in Scotland
- Espaco Ciencia Center in Brazil
- 4H International (HK) in Hong Kong
- Bristol 2000: Science World in England