Vinyl Bladder Repairs : Sewing Repairs : Replacement Parts : Cleaning
One Year Limited Product Warranty
This product is of the highest quality and is inspected twice before shipment. It is guaranteed against faulty or defective parts and/or workmanship for one (1) year from date of original
purchase, provided the product has been used in strict accordance with the manufacturer's full directions for correct assembly and usages as supplied at the time of delivery. The
manufacturers only obligation shall be limited to the repair or replacement of the defective product. The manufacturer shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage to person(s) or
property, direct or consequential, arising out of the use or misuse of the product. The buyer shall determine the suitability of the product for the buyer's intended use, and the buyer
assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith.
Vinyl Bladder Repairs
If the vinyl bladder is leaking, you will need to determine the cause.
- Check to be absolutely sure you are using the inner plug along with the outer cap on the spout of the vinyl bladder.
- Make sure the outer cap is screwed on tight. (This is the most common cause of leaks).
If you have lost the inner plug or outer cap, call Birthways at 1-800-882-3559. You
will be sent a new inner plug and/or outer cap, free of charge.
- If you bought your Empathy Belly within the last year, the problem may be covered under the one-year limited warranty. Call Birthways at 1-800-882-3559, and
someone will help you determine whether the problem is a manufacturing defect. If a defective part is covered by the warranty, you will be sent an immediate free replacement of that part.
- If you bought your Empathy Belly more than a year ago, you will need to find the leak.
- If the problem is a pinhole leak or a cut in the vinyl, use the vinyl repair kit (shipped with the product) to patch the leak.
If you have lost your repair kit, you can purchase another at any local waterbed outlet
- If the leak is definitely located around the clear plastic spout, or at the outer perimeter of the bladder, the leak cannot be repaired, and you will need to replace
the vinyl bladder. Call the manufacturer (Birthways) at 1-800-882-3559 for ordering information.
- If any stitching or the zipper breaks, or if a seam begins to pull apart, call Birthways at 1-800-882-3559. Someone will discuss the repair options available to you.
- If you are missing any component of the Empathy Belly, or if a part has worn out, call Birthways at 1-800-882-3559 to purchase replacement parts.
Remove ALL vinyl, lead and foam components before cleaning!
The fabric components of the Empathy Belly can be cleaned according to the following instructions:
To clean the torso garment (65% polyester, 35% cotton) and rib belt:
Attach all corresponding Velcro® areas before cleaning.
- Hand wash, warm water,
Machine wash warm, on delicate cycle.
DO NOT bleach.
DO NOT wring or twist.
DO NOT dry clean.
- Line dry, dry flat, or block to dry.
- Smooth by hand.
DO NOT iron.
To clean the maternity smock (100% cotton):
- Hand wash separately, cold water,
Machine wash separately in cold water, on delicate cycle.
DO NOT bleach.
- Line dry, dry flat, or block to dry,
Tumble dry on low heat.
- Press with steam if needed.
To clean the bladder pouch (65% polyester, 35% cotton fabric cover):
- Damp wipe only, using a mild soap if needed.
- Dry flat.
- Let air dry thoroughly.